A blog made up by a group of Modern Language students to create a space for posting ideas, sharing written works,and personal matters.
Friday, August 31, 2007
First step
Class papers,compositions,personal reflections,personal comments , and everything my students consider important to share with others will be posted here.
Start by your profile here, a short one just to let the others know about you. Once you have correct and re-edit your classwork description,post it here.
Cucuta is the city where I was born. This city is the capital of Norte de Santander and is located northwest of Colombia. The climate in Cucuta is hot during the day and fresh at night. Cucuta has towns bordering in special Ocaña that is known by produced little spicy red onions and are delicious, also there are other town named Pamplona, is only to four hours from Cucuta; the climate is cool, there is famous for produced all kind of candies as well there are other town named Salazar de Las Palmas is an hour and half away from Cucuta, this town is known for the best cristal water of Cucuta and also has a fresh weather. Moreover, each town has it’s own festival ever year. For example, in Ocaña they celebrate the Onion festival; in Pamplona the principal festival is in Easter week and in Salazar de Las Palmas the festival is about of Belen virgin. On the other hand Cucuta as well is important for being border with Venezuela country and to have kind and friendly people. Finally Cucuta also has places for relaxing and enjoying.
Luis Angel Arango library is the most important in our country. This place is very important for students of different professions, teachers and people of all ages.
The Republic Bank is the owner of this place and this library is situated in “La Candelaria” downtown of the city.
The library is enormous; it has six floors, with numerous reading rooms and auditoriums. This place has big windows, the library has a Galery, the name is “Donación Botero” in this place existed paintings of Monet, Botero, Dalí. This collection is very beautiful and important for our arts.
This place is fashioned. The spacious is ideal for reading, the chairs are comfortable and the tables are big. The library has computers for you to search different books. It exhibits art works of national and international artists.
This library is very important for me, because it is a wonderful and relaxing place for reading.
THIS IS A DESCRIPTION ABOUT MY BEST FRIEND "ALEXANDRA" She's from Armenia, but she's a British Citizen. She's younger than I but not much. We met each other in our childhood, but we couldn't share for some years because she was living in a different city, so we joined on our holidays. She went to live in England when she was about nine years old, she studied there and started to work when she was a teenager; nowadays, she works for a company as a secretary.
She's quite pretty and very intelligent, she's taller than I, but just five centimetres; her sisters used to call her "mona" sometimes she changes the colour of her hair; although, she's an adult she's still a teenager for me, because she's very sweet and likes dancing lots! Her favourite singer is Shakira. She likes going on holiday to Tenerife, because it's the place where her sisters are living.
She has got long hair, brown eyes and her skin is white. She's a respectful person and I can trust her at any time, that is why she's my best friend.
She visited me two months ago, but we only shared two days, because she was visiting her family around Colombia; then, she decided to stay two days in Bogotá with her boyfriend, so we went to visit some shopping centres and the last day we went to dance; it's amazing to dance with her! She's a mad dancer! I miss her lots, because we really have a good time together.
was founded by the Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia, pioneer in Theme parks in Colombia and South America. Is an organization destined to the preservation of cultural and historical heritage of coffee in Colombia, the promotion of cultural recreational and ecological activities, and also the eco-tourism in the region.
Besides owning the Museum of Coffee, Coffee Farm, Forest Myths and Legends, it has other attractions such as the Tower of 18 meters, an ecological path, an Indian cemetery, a suspension bridge, the Orchids show, mechanical attractions, horse rides and a variety of gastronomy.
Puerto López is where i go on my vacations!! since i was born ^^. Puerto Lópezis a small town, but is pretty, the weather is hot and when it rains, it looks like a delugde, well Pto. López is a poor town, but a few kilometers is the Obelisco, it is so nice, there you can enjoy the most amazing sunset that you never see. The landscape is awesome, you see tha plain, some trees there the cows are eating grass, birds flying in a sky without clouds, and you walking there, or maybe you can climb some big rocks and watch the sunset.
My family have two farms there, with a big pool and so many trees. The houses are very big, one of those houses has three rooms and two bathrooms and four hammocks, you can rest there after lunch; the other house has four rooms and three bathrooms, obviously each house has a kitchen, a restrooms and a dinningroom. Sometimes at night you can see bats flying around, or sleeping in the roof, or frogs diuh!!! jumping in the park, jeje this is another detail, next to the pool there are a park, is so nice take a sunbath there.
And this is my resting place, i love be there when i can!!
Ellyz is my dog, her name is greck. She is a Rotwiller, she is black and her feet are brown. She is very big and when the people go to my home, they get scared when they see her. She has been living with us for seven years, but in the dog is age, she is forty nine. When she was pregnant she gave birth to 13 beautiful puppies. I go out to walk my dog along the neighbourhood park everyday at the same time and she play with andother dogs, she is older but apparently she is a puppy.
Cartagena is a beautiful place, it's big and it has beach. in Cartagena people enjoy the sun and the sea.this place is exotic for for foreigns and all over the world because there is an historic place (San Felipe's Castle). in Cartagena people like to play, walk for historic places, practice sports and other things.
Cartagena´s people are sinceritys, friendlys and in general they are good persons. but is a BEAUTIFUL CITY.
The National museum is a wonderfull place were we can find colombia history through the art and things about our country. this place is in the international comercio of bogota. we get there by carrer 7th, on the west side of this avenue. besides, the "colegio mayor de cundinamarca" university is behind the museum. the building where is naw the museum, first we go to an auditorium where explain how is the museum then, the first thing we see in the first floor is the aerolito wich fell down in 1810 in Bogota and it is many years, also there are big mastondonte fossils, ceramic, our havite tools and narratives of America or colombia conquest. the second floor exhibit pieces and things of the colony an the independency ages. finally, the modernity is in the third floor, there are paints of colombia artists like Botero, Obregon an Grau.
The National museum is a wonderfull place were we can find colombia history through the art and things about our country. this place is in the international comercio of bogota. we get there by carrer 7th, on the west side of this avenue. besides, the "colegio mayor de cundinamarca" university is behind the museum. the building where is naw the museum, first we go to an auditorium where explain how is the museum then, the first thing we see in the first floor is the aerolito wich fell down in 1810 in Bogota and it is many years, also there are big mastondonte fossils, ceramic, our havite tools and narratives of America or colombia conquest. the second floor exhibit pieces and things of the colony an the independency ages. finally, the modernity is in the third floor, there are paints of colombia artists like Botero, Obregon an Grau.
My house is too big, it has four floors, the first has a garage, four bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom and of course a living room, live there three person, my little cousin and her parents; the second floor, is as big as the one it has two bathrooms, the master bedroom, and two other bedroom, a big dinning room and de big living room, a little and white kitchen, I live on that floor, my mother my grand mother my cousin and my aunt.
The three floor, is like a little apartment, it has a bathroom two bed rooms a little kitchen and a little dinning room, and last is the flat roof and there life my beauty full pet his name is Horus
My friend is called: Cesar. He's 27 years old, he's tall, he has green eyes, he loves playing drums, We met some months ago, I have learned many things with him, where he goes people call him "The Cat" or el gato, he works with his father in the set of sales, HIS PERSONALITY HELPS HIM TO Be a good person, he talks so much,, he makes me smile every time he can, he likes Rock music, He loves seeing music videos to improve his way of play the drums, he's Christian, The thing that I like so much of him is that he loves God with all his heart,, he likes the same things mine, he's single, he still lives with his family, he has five brothers, His father has blue eyes, and his mother has green eyes, his height is of 1.72, he's taller than me.
Monserrate is the best place in Bogota for me, because it has some trees and abundant vegetation. It’s a mountain in the Easter part on the city, it has a beautiful church on the top.
A lot of people climb up every Sunday, this is a cultural place in Bogota and a lot of foreigners came to visit it.
Monserrate is next to Guadeloupe, another mountain with a small church on the top.
I like to go Monserrate on Sundays with some friends but I have never climbed up with my girlfriend.
I recommend you to visit this beautiful place and you can eat delicious food at Casa Blanca restaurant, a famous restaurant on top of the Monserrate. You can see the town from there too.
My boyfriend is very important for me because he is a very lovely person with me. his name is Camilo, he is twenty-four years old, he works in a company of storage room in that place he is a boss, also he has been six years in this place.
He likes how Andres Calamaro sings he has all his miusic, since he was twelve years old. He lisened rock miusic.
Camilo has a big family, his father is Julio, he is sixty years old, he wokrs in a hospital. Miryam, his mother, she is a nurse, Camilo has two brothers and two sisters.
The oldest sister is Engineer and she is thirty years old, she is single, his other sister is Pilar, she is a teacher of kinder garden, she is very pretty.
Rafael is the youngest brother, he is twenty years old, he is a Mathematics student and his other brother is Carlos. He is very handsome and friendely, he is twenty-six years old and he works in Servientrega.
Carolina,I agree with you,Cartagena isd a good place to go on vacation.I hope you can visit it again to enjoy what this beautiful Colombian city offers to us. Martha
Brigitte, Thanks a lot for participating here.It is quite important to know what other people in class produces.Keep on writing to communicate ideas and thoughts to the group. Martha
Andrea,It is great to have a group of students sharing ideas and productions .This fact helps all of us knowing each other and exchange points of view regarding different aspects in life. Martha
Manuel, thanks for writing here about what you consider important in life.It is good and interesting.Keep on writing about your experiences.It is a way to use English for communication . Martha
Lucero,thanks for being a writer here and let us know about your deepest feelings towards the most important person in your life.Keep on writing !!!! Martha
During my experience as an English teacher, I have always thought on the best way to share ideas among the groups.Students write a lot of papers to express feelings and to let us know about themselves, but most of the time those productions are kept only for the teacher or the members of the group. Having a blog like this, a simple one but one filled with students´ comments is very rewarding since it gives us,teachers and students, the possibilities to expand knowlwedge of each other and language knowledge sharing with people from other courses.In this case, both 3rd semester students taking classes with me can enjoy and exchange their thoughts in a simple way.I thank all of those who wrote here and posted their compositions. I hope next entries, we can have more participation. Martha.
I want to talk about the most important in my life, MY MOTHER. I consider she is a great person in the world; that it is why I start to describe her. Mary Moreno is her name, she is 45 years old and she is the best mother around the world. She is very beautiful, honest, quiet and she is very interesting person. When she has free time, she likes to be with her sons and share all the time with us. If I have the opportunity to be a mother, I´d like to have many things about my mother. She thinks that the impossible doesn´t exist, so everything is possible, and I believe that, and the most important is if you do everything with a lot of love.
If i want the possibility to be another person, I´d like to be the best poetry around the world. In my opinion, the poems is a kind of feellings, that you can share with each other and believe in yourself. I started to write poems, when I lived alone for 3 years, I remember that I took a pencil and a piece of paper in my bedroom and I put my first composicion in this time. The first poems called " I believe in my life", and I continued to write, think many fellings that happened in my heart and in my life. Now a days, I have around 420 poems,but I´d like to plushes them some day, not so far. It is possible next to time.
INFORMATION ABOUT WHOOPI GOLBERT. I admire Whoopi Golbert very much because i think she's an excellent actress. Her participation in diferents movies has been watched around the world. Her nationality is American, i don't know where she was born.
Whoopi Golbert participed in GHOST, She was a witch, a liar witch, until she knew to the principal actor, that in the movie, he was dead, but he lived as a Ghost. Whoopi Golbert has participed in another movies, but i don't remember now, whiches. Her performance has been very good, she has had the necessary character for play all the characters in every movie that she does.
IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN MY LIFE. I am going to write about one person very important in my life. She is my mother. Thanks to her, my life has been full of great moments. My mother’s name is María. She’s 43 years old. When my mother was 15, she had a pretty girl: my sister, Carolina. Three years later, she had another beautiful girl: Arledy. Of course, before I was born, my mother had a boy: Fredy Alexander, but he died when he was 10 months old.
Later, when I was 2 months old, my father had an accident so he died, too. Since then, my mother, my sister and I lived with my grandmother until I was 10 years old. When I was 13, my mother met my stepfather: Luis. Then, when I was 14, Andrés was born; he is my little brother. Two years later, my mother had my smallest bother: Camilito. They are the most important and beautiful people in my life, with my grandmother; she is my second mom.
Nowadays, my mother works at Javeriana University at the library and I work there, too; but in the Engineer Faculty. Thanks to her responsibility and hard work, I could finish my high school studies. At the moment, I don’t live with them. They live far, in another neighborhood but my heart is always with them.
Mary Jenny is my sister. She is a beautiful woman. She is tall and white also she has black hair and dark eyes. Too is ungry but she is a good person with a big heart either is the witch of the tale. She be married with Carlos also she has two daugthers her`s name are Dangely and Nikole.Dangely is nine years old and Nikole is seven years old. She works in a office in the DIAN. She lives in Suba Villa Maria with her husband and her daugthers.
ANDREIA IS MY BESTFRIEND =). She is very beatiful, sensible and funny. She is 25, a very good teacher and a very good mother. her Baby is 2 years old. She has brown hair, she is taller than I. Her eyes are lighter than mine and she is older than I.
She lives in Germany, in a small town Bremen. Her parents live in Portugal wiht her sister. She has many friends around the world.
Chocó is located in the coast of Colombia. It has 420 thousand inhabitants. Its capital is Quibdo. It has a temperature of 28º C, Its economy is based in the agricultura, mining and the fishing. Along and wide of their great forests and jungles, the visitors can enjoy with their rivers, beautiful bogs, cascades and lagoons and certainly of the great variety of flora and fauna that constitute to this departament like one of more diverse corners of the planet. Chocó is privileged becausa it has coasts in the two oceans, and has the possibility of offering ecological tourism.
Quibdó is its Capital, It's located on the right margin of the river Atrato. Here the holidays are celebrated of San Pacho in the month of Agoust remembering the Saint of this place. For being a mining city the objects of filigrane in gold are part of their tradition, like the hats of banana leaf. Its gastronomy is based on the rice with shrimps and clams, rice with coco, sancocho, fish and patacones, without forgetting the delicius fruits like borojo, badea, nispero, naidi and chontaduro. the favorite music of its inhabitants is the chirimia, vallenato, salsa and reggeton. In Quibdo the holidays are very happy and hot, the women have beutiful bodies and faces. The places to visit are Tutunendo, Chaparraido, Ichó, Itsminas, awong others places that every visitor has to know
She is long straight, red, dark hair. She is brunette skin. She is medium high. She is good shape. Her eyes are big, brown dark. She is in her mid forties (I think). She is pretty. She did study at Los Andes University. Now she is working at La Salle University at nights. We have classes with her on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. She teaches English. She has been teaching English for 27 years. My teacher is very funny. She makes dynamic classes. She is smiley, patient, friendly, amusing and kind. She is married. Her husband is a businessman. She has three sons. She has a female dog Negra. I don’t know where she lives. She likes cigarette and coffee. She likes to teach. She says that she always has liked to be teacher. She has friends in Egypt, Unite states and Peru.
My favorite singer is Elvis Presley was born in Mississipi. He was the second of identical twins. His father had several low-paid jobs and his mother was a sewing machine operator. His parents married in 1933. Often known as “The king of Rock and Roll”
In 1938, Presley’s father, seen by some as lazy, was convicted of an $8 check forgery. This event deeply influenced the life of the family. During her husband’s absence Gladys lost the family home.
Aged ten, he made his first public performance in a song competition in Mississippi.
In 1952 he made his 1st performance on TV with the Great song Heath Break Hotel.
He was racist. He felt the Negros were scorn and contempt.
The person I admire is my brother Oliver.He's 33 years old.He achieving its goals because the ends his career, he travel to another country where he met different culture and he met his wife Yisela.He lives with his wife in Antigua and Barbados is a very beautiful island and I want to go early for me to know this island
my grandfather's house is very big he lives in fusa the house has gardens big animals and a pool in Christmas we meet the whole family we make a roasted one in the garden and we enjoy all join there are three houses one of two floors the other of three and where my grandparents that it is of a single floor live there are many beautiful flowers and tree fruit ,mi uncle he has a hatchery of dogs of chickens and of pigs there are also hens and two cows in the nights we make a bonfire and we share all united ones at the garden too it have room the games in the house of three floor .
Now, Im gonna describe my best frien...His name is Alex and he is twenty one years old. He has green eyes and brown and straight hair. He is not very tall and also he's a little thin. He is too intelligent because of he reads so much and also writes a lot of poems so pretty and short interesting stories. Actually he’s living alone, because he had a big problem in his home and he had to leave it. He has been working at a companny for five years, since we was in the high school. I met him there, in the high school. We were in 7th grade and since we started talking, he has never left me alone and me too. He plays the drums too, seam as me, and he teached me to do it. Also he studied Biomedical engeeniring but he didn’t follow with his studies because he didn’t have money for pay the semster. He is too fiendly and has an excelent relationsihp with the people he has a lot of friends in different places. He doesn’t like drinking alcohol or smoke alot but he always is too nice and say us very funnny things in the apropiate mommnet, that is a great caracterystic in him, we laugth pretty much when we’re with him. He is an interesting person, and I admire him too much!!!!
Angiespool, I liked your description because it is interesting to know about other cities that oneself don't imagine the wonderful that these cities can have like lanscapes, food, culture, fauna etc. Thanks let us to know about other exotic cities.
MY IDEAL CITY For me the ideal city will have some characteristics:
1. Technological, the greatest contributor to the future is the microchip an electronic circuit on tiny chip, the microchip will made advanced satellites and nanocomputers, these forms of high-tech communications allow new and ideas to travel quickly from country to country, all conversations will be electronic with people everywhere.
2. The people sick consented to having their bodies frozen and placed in a massive capsule in order to preserve it until doctors find a cure for their diseases.
3. In the future the cars will be electric, these electric autos will be inexpensive to run and will decrease air pollution, it may be weird, however, to live in the quiet surroundings of a city whose autos will be power by electricity.
4. In the job, some organizations will adopted alternative office designes that promise more productive and happy employees, the co-workers will decorate their workstations any way they like. The work environment will include a billards table, a bar, several televisions.
I liked this description, because it is interesting to know about other cities,also about their culture ,habits differents meals, and having the opportunity to go to the city of choco, and to know more of its inhabitants and treasures.....
I like your description about the Cucuta, in this moment I don't know this city, in the near future I would like to know it, according to opinion the Cucuta city is a wonderful place.
Dear students,those who posted their written works in this blog: You have done a good work,however some lingusitic elements need to be corrected.Some examples are: form of will: will be;word order:ozone layer;soelling of some words and also the right word for U.F.O./ALIENS. Review your work and if any question, Im glad to anser it. Martha
I like Yamile's commentary since it is profitable to increase our culture, the idea of visiting museums is interesting and I see that she does to us an invitation to which we visit this museum of the coffee, congratulations for this commentary the most important fuel oil for my.
I want to congratulate to Yaneth for her description, because she spoke about her mother, and I think that the most important person in the live is the mom. i felt somethings diferent when I read her comment and i felt so happy when I know that Yaneth love her mom. and my mom is the most importan person for my.
I like the comment of the the city of the hidden exchequer by angela cortes, choco is a forgotten place, the people are very poor and they must suffer many things. congratulations for you comment.
I liked so much the composition of Yaneth becouse she spoke very nice about her mother,she loves her also her mom is a very good mother in my opinion the mother is the bers person that God created becouse this person is the best, she always be whit us and she always loves us, so yaneth did the best composition because she did her composition about the best person that live in this word.
Hi Edwin, It seems that you really enjoyed your lessons with our teacher Martha, I did as well, she's a very dinamic teacher, who makes our class in a charming way. Everyday I learnt a new thing at the end of each class. I think that's the way that we could be a good teachers!
61 comments:
Start by your profile here, a short one just to let the others know about you.
Once you have correct and re-edit your classwork description,post it here.
the video is interesting because the story is romantic, then is different music. congratulations by video and blog. carolina.
CUCUTA A BEAUTIFUL CITY
Cucuta is the city where I was born. This city is the capital of Norte de Santander and is located northwest of Colombia. The climate in Cucuta is hot during the day and fresh at night. Cucuta has towns bordering in special Ocaña that is known by produced little spicy red onions and are delicious, also there are other town named Pamplona, is only to four hours from Cucuta; the climate is cool, there is famous for produced all kind of candies as well there are other town named Salazar de Las Palmas is an hour and half away from Cucuta, this town is known for the best cristal water of Cucuta and also has a fresh weather.
Moreover, each town has it’s own festival ever year. For example, in Ocaña they celebrate the Onion festival; in Pamplona the principal festival is in Easter week and in Salazar de Las Palmas the festival is about of Belen virgin.
On the other hand Cucuta as well is important for being border with Venezuela country and to have kind and friendly people.
Finally Cucuta also has places for relaxing and enjoying.
LUIS ANGEL ARANGO LIBRARY
Luis Angel Arango library is the most important in our country. This place is very important for students of different professions, teachers and people of all ages.
The Republic Bank is the owner of this place and this library is situated in “La Candelaria” downtown of the city.
The library is enormous; it has six floors, with numerous reading rooms and auditoriums. This place has big windows, the library has a Galery, the name is “Donación Botero” in this place existed paintings of Monet, Botero, Dalí. This collection is very beautiful and important for our arts.
This place is fashioned. The spacious is ideal for reading, the chairs are comfortable and the tables are big. The library has computers for you to search different books. It exhibits art works of national and international artists.
This library is very important for me, because it is a wonderful and relaxing place for reading.
THIS IS A DESCRIPTION ABOUT MY BEST FRIEND "ALEXANDRA"
She's from Armenia, but she's a British Citizen. She's younger than I but not much. We met each other in our childhood, but we couldn't share for some years because she was living in a different city, so we joined on our holidays.
She went to live in England when she was about nine years old, she studied there and started to work when she was a teenager; nowadays, she works for a company as a secretary.
She's quite pretty and very intelligent, she's taller than I, but just five centimetres; her sisters used to call her "mona" sometimes she changes the colour of her hair; although, she's an adult she's still a teenager for me, because she's very sweet and likes dancing lots! Her favourite singer is Shakira. She likes going on holiday to Tenerife, because it's the place where her sisters are living.
She has got long hair, brown eyes and her skin is white. She's a respectful person and I can trust her at any time, that is why she's my best friend.
She visited me two months ago, but we only shared two days, because she was visiting her family around Colombia; then, she decided to stay two days in Bogotá with her boyfriend, so we went to visit some shopping centres and the last day we went to dance; it's amazing to dance with her! She's a mad dancer!
I miss her lots, because we really have a good time together.
Dear Claudia,it is a good descrption.Do you have pictures of that city?
Jeneidy,it is a good place we have here.Do you like to go there?When do you go?I would like to have pictures of that library.
Regards.Martha
Adriana, she seems to be a very good friend.You can post her picture if you want to let us know her.
Martha
The NATIONAL PARK OF COFFEE
was founded by the Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia, pioneer in Theme parks in Colombia and South America.
Is an organization destined to the preservation of cultural and historical heritage of coffee in Colombia, the promotion of cultural recreational and ecological activities, and also the eco-tourism in the region.
Besides owning the Museum of Coffee, Coffee Farm, Forest Myths and Legends, it has other attractions such as the Tower of 18 meters, an ecological path, an Indian cemetery, a suspension bridge, the Orchids show, mechanical attractions, horse rides and a variety of gastronomy.
Yamile,it is a good description of that beautiful park.Tell if you have gone there and when.Good to see some pictures of it.
Martha
PUERTO LÓPEZ (META)
Puerto López is where i go on my vacations!! since i was born ^^. Puerto Lópezis a small town, but is pretty, the weather is hot and when it rains, it looks like a delugde, well Pto. López is a poor town, but a few kilometers is the Obelisco, it is so nice, there you can enjoy the most amazing sunset that you never see. The landscape is awesome, you see tha plain, some trees there the cows are eating grass, birds flying in a sky without clouds, and you walking there, or maybe you can climb some big rocks and watch the sunset.
My family have two farms there, with a big pool and so many trees. The houses are very big, one of those houses has three rooms and two bathrooms and four hammocks, you can rest there after lunch; the other house has four rooms and three bathrooms, obviously each house has a kitchen, a restrooms and a dinningroom. Sometimes at night you can see bats flying around, or sleeping in the roof, or frogs diuh!!! jumping in the park, jeje this is another detail, next to the pool there are a park, is so nice take a sunbath there.
And this is my resting place, i love be there when i can!!
•••Paula Rocha•••
ELLYZ
Ellyz is my dog, her name is greck. She is a Rotwiller, she is black and her feet are brown. She is very big and when the people go to my home, they get scared when they see her.
She has been living with us for seven years, but in the dog is age, she is forty nine. When she was pregnant she gave birth to 13 beautiful puppies.
I go out to walk my dog along the neighbourhood park everyday at the same time and she play with andother dogs, she is older but apparently she is a puppy.
http://www.colegiocambridge.edu.co/imagenes/foto
CARTAGENA
Cartagena is a beautiful place, it's big and it has beach.
in Cartagena people enjoy the sun and the sea.this place is exotic for for foreigns and all over the world because there is an historic place (San Felipe's Castle).
in Cartagena people like to play, walk for historic places, practice sports and other things.
Cartagena´s people are sinceritys, friendlys and in general they are good persons.
but is a BEAUTIFUL CITY.
The National museum is a wonderfull place were we can find colombia history through the art and things about our country.
this place is in the international comercio of bogota. we get there by carrer 7th, on the west side of this avenue. besides, the "colegio mayor de cundinamarca" university is behind the museum.
the building where is naw the museum, first we go to an auditorium where explain how is the museum then, the first thing we see in the first floor is the aerolito wich fell down in 1810 in Bogota and it is many years, also there are big mastondonte fossils, ceramic, our havite tools and narratives of America or colombia conquest.
the second floor exhibit pieces and things of the colony an the independency ages. finally, the modernity is in the third floor, there are paints of colombia artists like Botero, Obregon an Grau.
The National museum is a wonderfull place were we can find colombia history through the art and things about our country.
this place is in the international comercio of bogota. we get there by carrer 7th, on the west side of this avenue. besides, the "colegio mayor de cundinamarca" university is behind the museum.
the building where is naw the museum, first we go to an auditorium where explain how is the museum then, the first thing we see in the first floor is the aerolito wich fell down in 1810 in Bogota and it is many years, also there are big mastondonte fossils, ceramic, our havite tools and narratives of America or colombia conquest.
the second floor exhibit pieces and things of the colony an the independency ages. finally, the modernity is in the third floor, there are paints of colombia artists like Botero, Obregon an Grau.
My house is too big, it has four floors, the first has a garage, four bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom and of course a living room, live there three person, my little cousin and her parents; the second floor, is as big as the one it has two bathrooms, the master bedroom, and two other bedroom, a big dinning room and de big living room, a little and white kitchen, I live on that floor, my mother my grand mother my cousin and my aunt.
The three floor, is like a little apartment, it has a bathroom two bed rooms a little kitchen and a little dinning room, and last is the flat roof and there life my beauty full pet his name is Horus
My friend is called: Cesar. He's 27 years old, he's tall, he has green eyes, he loves playing drums, We met some months ago, I have learned many things with him, where he goes people call him "The Cat" or el gato, he works with his father in the set of sales, HIS PERSONALITY HELPS HIM TO Be a good person, he talks so much,, he makes me smile every time he can, he likes Rock music, He loves seeing music videos to improve his way of play the drums, he's Christian, The thing that I like so much of him is that he loves God with all his heart,, he likes the same things mine, he's single, he still lives with his family, he has five brothers, His father has blue eyes, and his mother has green eyes, his height is of 1.72, he's taller than me.
Description
Monserrate is the best place in Bogota for me, because it has some trees and abundant vegetation. It’s a mountain in the Easter part on the city, it has a beautiful church on the top.
A lot of people climb up every Sunday, this is a cultural place in Bogota and a lot of foreigners came to visit it.
Monserrate is next to Guadeloupe, another mountain with a small church on the top.
I like to go Monserrate on Sundays with some friends but I have never climbed up with my girlfriend.
I recommend you to visit this beautiful place and you can eat delicious food at Casa Blanca restaurant, a famous restaurant on top of the Monserrate. You can see the town from there too.
My boyfriend is very important for me because he is a very lovely person with me. his name is Camilo, he is twenty-four years old, he works in a company of storage room in that place he is a boss, also he has been six years in this place.
He likes how Andres Calamaro sings he has all his miusic, since he was twelve years old. He lisened rock miusic.
Camilo has a big family, his father is Julio, he is sixty years old, he wokrs in a hospital. Miryam, his mother, she is a nurse, Camilo has two brothers and two sisters.
The oldest sister is Engineer and she is thirty years old, she is single, his other sister is Pilar, she is a teacher of kinder garden, she is very pretty.
Rafael is the youngest brother, he is twenty years old, he is a Mathematics student and his other brother is Carlos. He is very handsome and friendely, he is twenty-six years old and he works in Servientrega.
This is the story about my boyfriend family
Alejandra,
Thanks a lot for writing here your
class production.I hope you go on writing more and more regarding your experiences.
Martha
Magaly,I know you have special feeling about your pet.Keep on writing about your personal things.It let us know morebout you.
Martha
Carolina,I agree with you,Cartagena isd a good place to go on vacation.I hope you can visit it again to enjoy what this beautiful Colombian city offers to us.
Martha
Brigitte,
Thanks a lot for participating here.It is quite important to know what other people in class produces.Keep on writing to communicate ideas and thoughts to the group.
Martha
Karen,
thanks for being here as a writer.I hope you can go on participating in this blog to exchange ideas with your partners and teacher.
Martha
Andrea,It is great to have a group of students sharing ideas and productions .This fact helps all of us knowing each other and exchange points of view regarding different aspects in life.
Martha
Manuel, thanks for writing here about what you consider important in life.It is good and interesting.Keep on writing about your experiences.It is a way to use English for communication .
Martha
Lucero,thanks for being a writer here and let us know about your deepest feelings towards the most important person in your life.Keep on writing !!!!
Martha
Ximena, It is great to have your production here.It let us know more about you.Try to write more about youir experiences and thoughts.
Martha
Carlos, We would like to know about your written work here for this blog.
Martha
During my experience as an English teacher, I have always thought on the best way to share ideas among the groups.Students write a lot of papers to express feelings and to let us know about themselves, but most of the time those productions are kept only for the teacher or the members of the group.
Having a blog like this, a simple one but one filled with students´ comments is very rewarding since it gives us,teachers and students, the possibilities to expand knowlwedge of each other and language knowledge sharing with people from other courses.In this case, both 3rd semester students taking classes with me can enjoy and exchange their thoughts in a simple way.I thank all of those who wrote here and posted their compositions.
I hope next entries, we can have more participation.
Martha.
I want to talk about the most important in my life, MY MOTHER. I consider she is a great person in the world; that it is why I start to describe her. Mary Moreno is her name, she is 45 years old and she is the best mother around the world. She is very beautiful, honest, quiet and she is very interesting person.
When she has free time, she likes to be with her sons and share all the time with us.
If I have the opportunity to be a mother, I´d like to have many things about my mother. She thinks that the impossible doesn´t exist, so everything is possible, and I believe that, and the most important is if you do everything with a lot of love.
If i want the possibility to be another person, I´d like to be the best poetry around the world. In my opinion, the poems is a kind of feellings, that you can share with each other and believe in yourself.
I started to write poems, when I lived alone for 3 years, I remember that I took a pencil and a piece of paper in my bedroom and I put my first composicion in this time.
The first poems called " I believe in my life", and I continued to write, think many fellings that happened in my heart and in my life.
Now a days, I have around 420 poems,but I´d like to plushes them some day, not so far. It is possible next to time.
INFORMATION ABOUT WHOOPI GOLBERT.
I admire Whoopi Golbert very much because i think she's an excellent actress. Her participation in diferents movies has been watched around the world. Her nationality is American, i don't know where she was born.
Whoopi Golbert participed in GHOST, She was a witch, a liar witch, until she knew to the principal actor, that in the movie, he was dead, but he lived as a Ghost.
Whoopi Golbert has participed in another movies, but i don't remember now, whiches.
Her performance has been very good, she has had the necessary character for play all the characters in every movie that she does.
IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.
I am going to write about one person very important in my life. She is my mother. Thanks to her, my life has been full of great moments.
My mother’s name is María. She’s 43 years old. When my mother was 15, she had a pretty girl: my sister, Carolina. Three years later, she had another beautiful girl: Arledy. Of course, before I was born, my mother had a boy: Fredy Alexander, but he died when he was 10 months old.
Later, when I was 2 months old, my father had an accident so he died, too. Since then, my mother, my sister and I lived with my grandmother until I was 10 years old.
When I was 13, my mother met my stepfather: Luis. Then, when I was 14, Andrés was born; he is my little brother. Two years later, my mother had my smallest bother: Camilito.
They are the most important and beautiful people in my life, with my grandmother; she is my second mom.
Nowadays, my mother works at Javeriana University at the library and I work there, too; but in the Engineer Faculty. Thanks to her responsibility and hard work, I could finish my high school studies. At the moment, I don’t live with them. They live far, in another neighborhood but my heart is always with them.
Mary Jenny is my sister.
She is a beautiful woman.
She is tall and white also
she has black hair and dark eyes.
Too is ungry but she is a good person with a big heart either is the witch of the tale.
She be married with Carlos
also she has two daugthers
her`s name are Dangely and Nikole.Dangely is nine years old and Nikole is seven years old.
She works in a office in the DIAN.
She lives in Suba Villa Maria with her husband and her daugthers.
ANA MARIA:
ANDREIA IS MY BESTFRIEND =). She is very beatiful, sensible and funny. She is 25, a very good teacher and a very good mother. her Baby is 2 years old. She has brown hair, she is taller than I. Her eyes are lighter than mine and she is older than I.
She lives in Germany, in a small town Bremen. Her parents live in Portugal wiht her sister. She has many friends around the world.
ANA MARIA:
THE BEST CITY IS YOPAL. I think, that yopal is a very pretty, because there you can breathe pure air.
Yopal has a path very special for my, because I work there like -Misionera- and there I meet a very special person.
Ok. Yopal has many things to live and to know, for that reason I invite them to go.
ANA MARIA:
The photo of twenty group this flood of pretty people, and addition all are seen very well.
ANGELA CORTES
THE CITY OF THE HIDDEN EXCHEQUER
Chocó is located in the coast of Colombia. It has 420 thousand inhabitants. Its capital is Quibdo. It has a temperature of 28º C, Its economy is based in the agricultura, mining and the fishing. Along and wide of their great forests and jungles, the visitors can enjoy with their rivers, beautiful bogs, cascades and lagoons and certainly of the great variety of flora and fauna that constitute to this departament like one of more diverse corners of the planet. Chocó is privileged becausa it has coasts in the two oceans, and has the possibility of offering ecological tourism.
Quibdó is its Capital, It's located on the right margin of the river Atrato. Here the holidays are celebrated of San Pacho in the month of Agoust remembering the Saint of this place. For being a mining city the objects of filigrane in gold are part of their tradition, like the hats of banana leaf. Its gastronomy is based on the rice with shrimps and clams, rice with coco, sancocho, fish and patacones, without forgetting the delicius fruits like borojo, badea, nispero, naidi and chontaduro. the favorite music of its inhabitants is the chirimia, vallenato, salsa and reggeton. In Quibdo the holidays are very happy and hot, the women have beutiful bodies and faces. The places to visit are Tutunendo, Chaparraido, Ichó, Itsminas, awong others places that every visitor has to know
ABOUT MY TEACHER
She is long straight, red, dark hair. She is brunette skin. She is medium high. She is good shape. Her eyes are big, brown dark. She is in her mid forties (I think). She is pretty.
She did study at Los Andes University. Now she is working at La Salle University at nights. We have classes with her on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. She teaches English. She has been teaching English for 27 years. My teacher is very funny. She makes dynamic classes. She is smiley, patient, friendly, amusing and kind.
She is married. Her husband is a businessman. She has three sons. She has a female dog Negra. I don’t know where she lives. She likes cigarette and coffee. She likes to teach. She says that she always has liked to be teacher. She has friends in Egypt, Unite states and Peru.
My favorite singer is Elvis Presley was born in Mississipi. He was the second of identical twins. His father had several low-paid jobs and his mother was a sewing machine operator. His parents married in 1933. Often known as “The king of Rock and Roll”
In 1938, Presley’s father, seen by some as lazy, was convicted of an $8 check forgery. This event deeply influenced the life of the family. During her husband’s absence Gladys lost the family home.
Aged ten, he made his first public performance in a song competition in Mississippi.
In 1952 he made his 1st performance on TV with the Great song Heath Break Hotel.
He was racist. He felt the Negros were scorn and contempt.
He was considered a sex symbol.
The person I admire is my brother Oliver.He's 33 years old.He achieving its goals because the ends his career, he travel to another country where he met different culture and he met his wife Yisela.He lives with his wife in Antigua and Barbados is a very beautiful island and I want to go early for me to know this island
my grandfather's house is very big he lives in fusa the house has gardens big animals and a pool in Christmas we meet the whole family we make a roasted one in the garden and we enjoy all join there are three houses one of two floors the other of three and where my grandparents that it is of a single floor live there are many beautiful flowers and tree fruit ,mi uncle he has a hatchery of dogs of chickens and of pigs there are also hens and two cows in the nights we make a bonfire and we share all united ones at the garden too it have room the games in the house of three floor .
Now, Im gonna describe my best frien...His name is Alex and he is twenty one years old. He has green eyes and brown and straight hair. He is not very tall and also he's a little thin. He is too intelligent because of he reads so much and also writes a lot of poems so pretty and short interesting stories. Actually he’s living alone, because he had a big problem in his home and he had to leave it. He has been working at a companny for five years, since we was in the high school. I met him there, in the high school. We were in 7th grade and since we started talking, he has never left me alone and me too. He plays the drums too, seam as me, and he teached me to do it. Also he studied Biomedical engeeniring but he didn’t follow with his studies because he didn’t have money for pay the semster. He is too fiendly and has an excelent relationsihp with the people he has a lot of friends in different places. He doesn’t like drinking alcohol or smoke alot but he always is too nice and say us very funnny things in the apropiate mommnet, that is a great caracterystic in him, we laugth pretty much when we’re with him. He is an interesting person, and I admire him too much!!!!
John!!!
WHITE BEACH
AQUITANIA (BOY)
Is a beautiful place, it's big and it has beach.Is a place for relaxing and enjoying.
Aquitania is the town that produce the better long onion for colombia.
Angiespool, I liked your description because it is interesting to know about other cities that oneself don't imagine the wonderful that these cities can have like lanscapes, food, culture, fauna etc. Thanks let us to know about other exotic cities.
MY IDEAL CITY
For me the ideal city will have some characteristics:
1. Technological, the greatest contributor to the future is the microchip an electronic circuit on tiny chip, the microchip will made advanced satellites and nanocomputers, these forms of high-tech communications allow new and ideas to travel quickly from country to country, all conversations will be electronic with people everywhere.
2. The people sick consented to having their bodies frozen and placed in a massive capsule in order to preserve it until doctors find a cure for their diseases.
3. In the future the cars will be electric, these electric autos will be inexpensive to run and will decrease air pollution, it may be weird, however, to live in the quiet surroundings of a city whose autos will be power by electricity.
4. In the job, some organizations will adopted alternative office designes that promise more productive and happy employees, the co-workers will decorate their workstations any way they like. The work environment will include a billards table, a bar, several televisions.
THE CITY OF THE HIDDEN EXCHEQUER :
I liked this description, because it is interesting to know about other cities,also about their culture ,habits differents meals, and having the opportunity to go to the city of choco, and to know more of its inhabitants and treasures.....
Claudia:
I like your description about the Cucuta, in this moment I don't know this city, in the near future I would like to know it, according to opinion the Cucuta city is a wonderful place.
Jeneidy
Dear students,those who posted their written works in this blog:
You have done a good work,however some lingusitic elements need to be corrected.Some examples are:
form of will: will be;word order:ozone layer;soelling of some words and also the right word for U.F.O./ALIENS.
Review your work and if any question, Im glad to anser it.
Martha
Arledy, I like the description about your family because is different than I see in class, you have a beautiful family.
I like Yamile's commentary since it is profitable to increase our culture, the idea of visiting museums is interesting and I see that she does to us an invitation to which we visit this museum of the coffee, congratulations for this commentary the most important fuel oil for my.
I want to congratulate to Yaneth for her description, because she spoke about her mother, and I think that the most important person in the live is the mom.
i felt somethings diferent when I read her comment and i felt so happy when I know that Yaneth love her mom. and my mom is the most importan person for my.
I like the comment of the the city of the hidden exchequer by angela cortes, choco is a forgotten place, the people are very poor and they must suffer many things.
congratulations for you comment.
I liked so much the composition of Yaneth becouse she spoke very nice about her mother,she loves her also her mom is a very good mother in my opinion the mother is the bers person that God created becouse this person is the best, she always be whit us and she always loves us, so yaneth did the best composition because she did her composition about the best person that live in this word.
Hi Edwin,
It seems that you really enjoyed your lessons with our teacher Martha, I did as well, she's a very dinamic teacher, who makes our class in a charming way.
Everyday I learnt a new thing at the end of each class. I think that's the way that we could be a good teachers!
Post a Comment